Holmes HAP75-UC review

Holmes smokeless ashtray HAP75-UC

Below is a few reviews made by people who had used holmes smokeless ashtray HAP75-UC. This review is derived from amazon.com.

POSITIF REVIEW

awesome item
but you can buy it at walmart for $9.99 with no s&h fees either.. :\

Holmes Smokeless Ashtray works great
This is not the first Holmes Smokeless Ashtray we have had, but this one works very well. It seems much more quiet, and the shipping was very fast. I would highly recommend this product, if you smoke ;-), and the company runs a tight ship.

Holmes smokeless ashtray
I have tried many different ashtrays that claim to draw smoke out of the house but, they just don't have the power to do as claimed. This holmes smokeless ashtray does. I am trying to quit smoking but, as of yet have only cut down a whole lot. In the winter it is going to be hard to go out in the cold to smoke and I don't want my house to smell again. This is going to help alot. I have smoked one cig. using this in the house and the family never knew I smoked one. lolol Not a laughing matter but, atleast my house can not tell everyone if I do smoke one. Finally.

Holmes smokeless ashtray
Awsome!!
Never have the smell of smoke in the house again.This poduct is worth
buying! It is a excellent smokeless ashtray for anyone who smokes and
gets the smoke out for the ones who don't smoke so they don't inhale it.

Holmes smokeless ashtray
Really is great helps eliminate alot of smoke. Seems a little noise the fan, haven't used the second one I purchased, yet. Anyway it really is nice to have around instead of smoke drifting.


NEGATIVE REVIEW

It was a good idea
I got mine. Just as I suspected I ended up not using it. The tray is small and you really had to pay attention to when you put your cigarette in. It only filter smoke if the cigarette was in the try. I knew this already but bought it anyway. I found myself trying to blow smoke out my mouth into the unit but just ended up blowing ashes everywhere. I dumped ashes everywhere everytime I tried to empty it because you need to 'snap' the tray out of there. I had to turn up my TV because it is so loud. It was more of a hassle than anything. It felt ackward and I smoke to relax, not to have some gadget stress me out. I think I'll buy an actual air filter.

Works well but Still a bit noisy
Best to use the AC plug as opposed to batteries, unless you enjoy changing batteries often (batteries are beneath the tray and it gets pretty nasty under there). It does work better than any other smokeless ashtray I've tried, but it's still too noisy for my liking. Could be there isn't really any way to get it quieter as well as the vacuum does suck up the smoke quite well.


It's okay for the first few days, then...
This product worked really well for the first few days and then the fan became very loud. I threw it away. If you can stand the noise of it, then it is fine.

works ok, but....,
filters the smoke ok but doesn't filter the odor. the tray is easy to remove to empty, but it is rather noisy. there has to be a better one out there somewhere.

Holmes smokeless ashtray
Purchased two in the past 18 months. Wear out easily and not very effective.

Holmes smoke grabber
This Holmes smokeless ashtray works very well. The problem is that the tray itself isn't easy to remove and thus it is a chore to have to change the batteries, which, by the way, do need fairly frequent changing. However, the mechanism itself works well.


In a nutshell, you can cross this one off the list if the following issues are things that will bother you:
loud , awkward and shallow (ne-)

*It is extremely noisy.
*The tray is very shallow - I had trouble with tumbling cigs and ashes. Also, unless you empty it after two or three cigs, it is over-full, so that when you extract the tray to empty it, butts and ashes leak into the workings underneath.
*The lid, which hovers over the tray, is in the way. I kept hitting it with my hand or the cig.

In short, this ashtray is poorly designed and loud. I threw it away.

No comments: